Please login to continue
Forgot your password?
Recover it here.
Don't have an account?
Sign Up Now!

Sign Up for Free

Name
Email
Choose Password
Confirm Password

Information & Facts

Help the Helpless is a tax-deductible 501(c)(3), non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of abandoned, handicapped, deaf, and poor children in the countries of India and Ecuador. We also help poor families and elderly that are in need.  The non-profit is chaired by Father Altier (a Catholic priest) and staffed by volunteers from Minnesota’s Twin Cities metro area. We are a 100% volunteer organization and all board members serve freely and without compensation.

The mission of Help the Helpless is to raise funds and support the works of St. Mary’s School and Orphanage for the handicapped, deaf, poor and abandoned children in southern India and for the missionary work of the Home of the Mother Catholic Order in Ecuador. The children and families are provided with clothing, food, education, shelter and the teachings of the Catholic Church. Offering love, motivation and educational opportunities, we seek to help children thrive and become self-sufficient young adults, and support the elderly with dignity and needed assistance.

  • Help the Helpless is a 100% volunteer organization registered with the Minnesota Charity Division of the State of Minnesota.
  • Help the Helpless is incorporated in the State of Minnesota
  • Our volunteers are located in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area.
  • We file an annual certified audit of Help the Helpless financial records with the Attorney General's Office of the State of Minnesota annually.
  • We file a 990 form with the IRS each year
  • We do not share or sell our benefactors' names with any other organizations.
  • We have no paid salaries, nor do we use any paid fundraisers
  • Our operating expenses normally run about 6% to 7% of contributions received; thus, the remaining funds (93% to 94%) go directly to our programs in India and Ecuador.
  • Each donation received is recorded and a letter sent to the donor noting the date received and amount of donation. This is for your personal tax deduction records. Since we acknowledge each donation when received, we do not do a year end statement unless requested.
  • Sponsors who are making monthly donations for their child(ren) or family(ies) will not receive a reminder as we have limited staff and rely on the good judgment of the benefactors to keep track. We do provide address labels that can be used as a reminder.
  • We celebrate Mass intentions for our benefactors upon request. Mass stipends are $10 per mass or $300 for a set of Gregorian masses (30 masses in 30 consecutive days) for a deceased loved one. Please click here to request